Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Get Whale Soon

I made this card for my friend's little boy. I thought I had a "Get Whale Soon" stamp, but it must be on one of the sets I WANT to get! So I had to just hand-write it, but that's ok! He loved the card and asked his parents to hold it open so he could look at the whale! :) Get 'whale' soon, buddy!!



I used double sided paper to make the card, cut at 5x12 and 4x11 and folded each in half. Then used the pop-up technique I learned in Chicago, and added the whale & starfish from the Create A Critter cartridge. Check out this tutorial on how to do the pop-up effect. Super easy. (Tho I space my cuts about an inch apart so I have a shorter pop-up. That's about the size you need to mount a 2-3 inch cut from Create A Critter) You make the pop-up with the smaller card, then you tack it down to the bigger card. Then you are ready to add your item that will pop-up when opened!! So easy and so cute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment