Monday, August 2, 2010

Make & Takes

Many of the booth's had free Make & Takes. We didn't do even a fraction of what was available. But we sure had fun doing what we could work in!! (We did do a few other non-card crafts...Maybe I'll take a picture of those and post them too. But here's all my scrapbook-y stuff! :))

This was a make, but not take. They were collecting cards for Breast Cancer patients. We were happy to create with pink for a great cause!!


The 3M booth had Post-it paper projects. This stuff ROCKS!! We made this little purse there. All the colored paper and flowers are Post-it backed paper. It made the project so easy!! We also got a few other project kits to bring home and try. And they gave us 2 full-size product samples of Scotch adhesives! I loved that booth!! :)


We made this card at the EK Success booth. We learned how to use the punch around the page. I have a different set of these and don't use them cuz I could not figure out how to get it to line up. So glad we stopped at this booth, cuz now I know how to line it up!!


Michael's was showing a new Fiskars tool. We weren't that impressed with the actual tool, but we liked the card idea! Also at the Michael's area was a mini-scrapbook demo. We got to the table right when they were running out, and got the last 2. We learned how easy it is to color the edges of a paper with an ink pad. We actually just took the kits and will do them at home. And, since that lady was out of kits, she also let us take the leftover adhesives and stamp pads! Wahoo!!




And now for my favorite one!! We stopped at Custom Crops a few times. The last time we stopped by it was to shop right before they closed. We were walking to the store part of their booth when I noticed a lady cleaning up the Make & Take area. But there were 2 sets still out, right next to each other. So we asked if we could sit down and do the card. We had fun talking to her and it ended up being my favorite card and my favorite new technique! It was SOOO simple to make the 'pop-up'. So my plan for the Create-A-Critter I talked about in the Pink Stamper post will also include the pop-up technique! I am so excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment